Thursday 22 May 2014

I do love this youtube ...

Day 22, Thursday: Share a video clip that you are loving at the moment.  It could be as simple as a song on YouTube or an inspirational speaker on TED Talks.

I don't have an absolute favourite video... but I do LOVE watching Mark Crilley's "How to Draw" youtube videos .. I have certainly learnt a lot from them and I really enjoyed watching this video today on "Comparing yourself to other artists" It is pretty long but great content and I love seeing those sketches as he talks :D






I find I sometimes do compare myself to other artists and think why do I bother? but then other times I am inspired to practise more and get better. I like the idea of comparing myself to myself... ie looking at older drawings compared to newer drawings.. which shows that I have actually improved :)

Loved this quote - "Comparison is the thief of Joy" - Theodore Roosevelt

Oh... and yes this is still part of Sunday's blog every day in May challenge... so glad I'm managing to get them done.. it's lots of fun! By the way... LOVE Sunday's video today... go check it out... It's about LOVE LETTERS I think I need to send out some Love Letters myself actually... if you want a handwritten letter send me an email and I'll see what I can do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some love - I love to read your comments and to come and see your blogs too!
xxx