Thursday 8 May 2014

Books to Read

Day 8 of Sunday's blog every day in May challenge is to 
Share a book that you’d like to read, but haven’t yet.  What draws you to it?



I do LOVE reading and sitting down with a good book... but I seem to read less and less these days. Therefore I could not think of a book that I would really like to read - so I went to my facebook friends and asked them:
1. What's your favourite book and why?
2. What book would you recommend someone to read and why?

a HUGE thanks to Paola, Bec, Rachel x 2, Jasper, Tamara, Willie, Peter, Anusha, Nicky and Mickey for answering my questions :D

Now on my TO READ list I have....

1. Jane Eyre - can't believe I've actually never read that :o Paola said:
"it's an empowering book to woman and young ladies...teaches you to keep going no matter what ..dot look back...look upward ...have hope"

2. The Great Divorce by CS Lewis -  Bec said:
"I would recommend people read it because it gives such a compelling vision of 'what comes next' and how foolish we are to try to cling to the here and now. Lewis's imagery helps me grasp the big ideas he's kicking around.

3. The Battle Axe series by Sara Douglas. Tamara said:
"I like them because they build an incredible world that is a great escape"


4. The Glass Castle by Jeanette Wall. Willie said:
"Read it and you will be very thankful for what you have. It also shows that even starting with nothing you can change your life. Everyone will love this book".

5. Anna Karenina. Nicky said:
"it has a bit of everything in it, takes the reader on a true journey. I would recommend people to read Anna KArenina because its my favourite book 
I'll also add to my Reading list Anusha & Mickey's suggestions:
The Reluctant Fundamentalist
True Grit by Charles Portis.

What books are on your reading list?? Need some suggestions?? Here's a few more that came up in my facebook research ....

To Kill A Mockingbird for both.
CS Lewis one - Mere Christianity. 
Anne of Green Gables 
Animal farm - George Orwell
Obernewtyn chronicles by Isobelle Carmody
Winnie the Pooh
The Cat's Cradle

2 comments:

  1. I can lend you the CS Lewis if you like :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh definitely read Jane Eyre....Pride and Prejudice is my fave!xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some love - I love to read your comments and to come and see your blogs too!
xxx