Monday 19 May 2014

Day Nineteen :: Dream job?

mmm, tough one today... the prompt is what is your dream job??

I've had a little trouble with this one... as I really don't know what my dream job is.... When I think of job I think YUK.. I don't want to have to work!! Who wants to work??

But then there was a time that I was not working and I became bored and needed something to do :)
 ... and it came about that I started working for myself, running my online store Mad for Markers
selling Copic markers and teaching people how to colour with them, which ticked some of these boxes...
  • Creative,
  • working for myself but able to work with others too, 
  • teaching/ helping others, 
  • enabling others to create / relax, 
  • meeting like-minded people,  
  • having fun!!

 

I could say that running Mad for Markers is as close to a dream job as I've got so far, so I'm pretty excited that I am trying to get it going again. (I had stopped as I was caring for my MIL full time, she is now in a nursing home).

 I needed a steady job that would pay our bills, mortgage in the meantime and had a yukky time looking for jobs recently but once again I learn that god is in control and provides good things....  I am so thankful to God for the job that he provided me with ... For the next 9 months or so,  I am working 3 days a week as an Admin assistant in an office that provides administration for Evangelical campus groups at various universities around Australia ... it's a great privilege to be a part of this team.

So for now, I am quite content juggling these jobs :) Oh, and there's a third job too - along with my good friend Bec I am running The Spire Market which has been a lot of fun so far!!

When thinking about work my mind goes to this bible passage....
Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, 24 knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward.

Thanks for stopping by... Do you have a  Dream job???

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like ure busy hun! It is always nice to dreamof not working but a job which is ure passion like mad for markers has got to be the next best thing!!x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some love - I love to read your comments and to come and see your blogs too!
xxx