Saturday 24 July 2010

Oh Alice ... CHAPTER 23: Ravens and Writing Desks...

The Hatter opened his eyes very wide on hearing this; but all he said was,
"Why is a raven like a writing-desk?"
"Come, we shall have some fun now!" thought Alice. "I'm glad they've begun asking riddles.
— I believe I can guess that," she added aloud.
"Do you mean that you think you can find out the answer to it?" said the March Hare.
"Exactly so," said Alice.
"Then you should say what you mean," the March Hare went on.
"I do," Alice hastily replied; "at least--at least I mean what I say--that's the same thing, you know."

Hello everyone!

We are ready to FLY with this week's challenge here at Oh, Alice!

This week, we challenge you to use BIRDS on your card or papercrafting project! We may never know the answer to the riddle above, but while we're pondering that and life's little mysteries we may as well make a great card or two in the process, right?

Check out the amazing examples from the DT:
Jessica {The Mad Hatter}
Emma {July's tea party Guest}
{the Twisted thirteen}

and me...

I had fun with this one... although no image to colour!>!> hehe I used a playing card that I got when we saw Alice at the movies... I did agonise on whether to use it on a card or keep the deck of cards.. but the card won out in the end. lol! I created a background of Ravens with a free clip art image .. printed up the riddle question and I used up the rest of the doiley that I attacked a few weeks ago.. that funny shaped doiley on my White Queen card... was cut out from the middle of the square doiley and now I've glued it and bunched a bit to make it fit.. around the mad hatter playing card! I thought it would be fun to put the google eyes on the flowers! Pretty Alice right??

I listened to Alice in Wonderland on my iphone last week.. it was fun to hear it read out loud!

12 comments:

  1. wow wow wow. This is awesome. I just love that Mad Hatter playing card and that background. Great inspiration.
    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sammi, this is WONDERful! Having such a cool playing card may give you a great jumping off point, but my goodness you have really ratcheted it up a few notches! The way you used the doily border is wonderful, adds such a great shabby vintage touch. The googly eyed flowers make me think of the live flowers that talk to Alice. And way to go on the background and sentiment! GREAT card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soo clever! I love it Sammi, you totally rocked this challenge.
    Kristy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWZA Sammi this is SOOOOOO creative and soooo super AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This couldn't be any more perfect-o for the challenge...LOVE IT!!! SO ALICE indeed! I know-when Ive used pictures etc. and there was nothing to color it felt odd LOL! Well, you NEEDED to have him there-it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card! Love the playing card and I am glad you used him! He is perfect with your Ravens!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome. A fantastic interpretation of the challenge and I love the quote paired with the mad hatter image from the movie. FABULOUS card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love those google-y eyes! How fun! Great colors and amazing playing card! I would've used it too ;)
    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  9. How freaking cool would it be to have a set of playing cards? You're right that makes it a very nice card

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh this is fun and waaaaayyy funky - awesome job! Sorry for being MIA - rotten Winter cold kept me away - and boy have you been a busy gal!!!! Lots of gorgeous work sweet girl!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you used the card in the middle and the colors you chose for it-the purple and aqua.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the Mad Hatter Card in the mddle Sammi! Looks Awesome! And your DP that you made is just perfect with this card! A fantastic job Sammi!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some love - I love to read your comments and to come and see your blogs too!
xxx