Saturday 26 June 2010

Oh Alice ...CHAPTER 19: Twinkle, Twinkle...

"Twinkle, twinkle, little bat!
How I wonder what you're at!"

You know the song, perhaps?'

`I've heard something like it,' said Alice.

`It goes on, you know,' the Hatter continued, `in this way:--

"Up above the world you fly,
Like a tea-tray in the sky.
Twinkle, twinkle--"'

Here the Dormouse shook itself, and began singing in its sleep `Twinkle, twinkle, twinkle, twinkle--' and went on so long that they had to pinch it to make it stop."

Hello out there! It's a beautiful day here in Wonderland and a twinkling one at that! We are wrapping up one FABULOUS month with a super fun, no-pressure challenge! We are going to ring out the month of June with a Twinkle!

That's right, just use something Twinkling, Glittery, or Sparkly on your card or creation this week and we'll put on our shades :D

There's some Twinkle-riffic samples from the DT ... make sure you pop on over the Oh Alice! to see them all!! Here's my attempt (it's an ATC)


and here are some close ups of the sparkles (Spica induced + gems)




A VERY special thanks to Lynne Phelps, our June Guest Designer! It has been a pleasure having you at our twisted little table and we will miss you! Next week we will be back to announce our July Guest DT :) and have more tricks and treats up our sleeves....'til then, there's no time limit to play this week, so get your twinkle on and be sure to come back and let us know when you did!

Have a very twinkling week!


Copics used: E00, E11, E15, E17 (Skin), E15, 17, 27, 29 + Chocolate Spica(hair), BV00, 02. 13 (dress), RV25, 29 (ribbon) (socks +BV00,02), C1, 3 nd 5 for background. Additional sparkle = Spicas - Pitch black, blossom, pink, clear, rhinetones coloured with RV25 and BV13

On a personal note I would like to thank you my blogging friends for your kind words, comments, thoughts & prayers for the IVF cycle we just did and our two precious little embryos.. unfortunately once again these two little ones did not make it and my test yesterday was -ve.
So pretty shattered about this and find it hard to express myself about everything but I did want to let you know as I know there are many wonderful friends out there wondering!
xxx

13 comments:

  1. Sweets this is a fabulous ATC. Great sparkle.

    *big hugs*

    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Sammi, love the purple lol! So very very sorry to hear about your little ones, don't know what to say, the best I can do is send you the biggest cyber hug ever, so sorry, thinking of you, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card.... sorry to here about the IVF, but god is on your side... your time will come, I'm praying for you. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sami, haven't been around for a while and I can see how much your colouring has improved. Wow, the colouring of this image is fantastic!So sorry to hear the news. Will pray that God will give you the strength to see this through. Trust in Him! Will remember you in my prayers. Hugs and blessings, Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sammi,
    I am devastated to hear about your news...we have also been trying to have babies for over three years...and it just isnt going to work out for us I dont think. I can really relate to how you are feeling. I wish you all the luck in the world...I am a big beleiver in "if it's meant to be it will be". Keep faith...if you need to chat, I am always around.
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card and the coloring is wonderful. You are in my prayers during your wrenching cycle of rebuilt hope, waiting, and results.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Sammi, I don't know what to say, I'm so sorry to hear your news, I am just devistated for you. I really don't know what else to say other than keep believing and don't give up on your dreams. There are so many of us out there hoping and praying for you and remember you are never alone, we are all just a mouse click away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Love this Sammi! Gorgeous colors and coloring! Love all the sparkle.

    Sending you all my love at this really difficult time. You are always in my thoughts.
    -xxx-

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Sammi! Love where you placed the sparkles and your coloring is over the top gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is so pretty! I love that chapter in Alice.

    *hugs* I am so sorry that luck was not on your side this time, i know you did everything right, so it just comes down to luck. HUGS
    be gentle with each other.
    lots of love Teen xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1) HUGE HUGS!!
    2) Your ATC is so cute, I just love these images

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sammi, I am so sorry to hear your sad news, I am thinking of you. Sending the biggest hugs, Jodie from Oz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh crap (see what happens when you slack off on your commenting, you miss out on important stuff). Oh Sammi. I am so sorry. I wish I could give you a big hug.
    I love your ATC btw.
    Take care Sweetie,
    Hugs
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some love - I love to read your comments and to come and see your blogs too!
xxx