Saturday 12 June 2010

Oh, Alice ... Chapter 17 :: Mad Watch

March Hare: Its going mad!

Alice: Oh, my goodness!

White Rabbit: Oh dear!

March Hare: It is going mad! Mad watch!

Mad Hatter: I don't understand, it's the best butter.

March Hare: Mad watch! Mad watch! Mad watch!

Mad Hatter: Oh, look! Oh my goodness!

March hare: There's only one way to stop a mad watch!

Mad Hatter: Two days slow, that's what it is.

Greetings, everyone! A VERY Merry Unbirthday to ALL! Well, at least, that's the scene this excerpt from Disney's 1951 adaptation of Alice in Wonderland was taken from! It's ALWAYS your unbirthday here in WONDERLAND :)

We are thrilled BEYOND WONDERLAND today to announce our sponsor this week, a company that we just adore: MY FAVORITE THINGS! We are so grateful to Kim and Jody for offering to sponsor our little challenge blog and with a HUGE prize, I might add! It really WILL be someone's un-birthday!MFT is offering a $25 Gift Certificate to the store PLUS a scalloped scallop die from their new Dienamics line! HOW exciting is THAT?!?

So, how can you enter to win? For this week's challenge, we have a beautiful inspiration piece, found on the CraftStylish blog. Actually, our Mad Hatter liked it so much that she tried to track it down but to no avail so far! The Mad Hatter NEEDS this piece, LOL! That beautiful flower, steampunk vintage gorgeousness and all the classic timepiece elements to this are just GORGEOUS and we know it will make a FABULOUS inspiration challenge- two days slow or not!
Your mission this week? Show us YOUR take on this "Mad" watch. You can use the colors, play off the time piece, blue flower, color combos, steampunk theme...the possibilities are ENDLESS, just like the deadline for this week's challenge, HA! To enter to WIN this awesome prize from MFT, just have your entry in using In Linkz by Friday, June 18th at 8pm CST! Have a VERY MERRY time creating!

Here is my creation.



I airbrushed the paper doiley and the rose with B23 and I coloured Alice in with these colours...
Skin: E000, E00, E11, Hair: E50, E51, E30, dress: B23, 24 and apron: C1, C3

Pop on over to Oh, Alice to see the wonderful wonderful Twisted Team's creations!!

9 comments:

  1. This is so adorable Sammi! I love your Alice and that airbrushed doiley and flower are making me very jealous...hehe! Hopefully not for too much longer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Airbrushing hey - LOL - AWESOME job Sammi - and LOVE this challenge - hope I have "time" to play - LOL
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Love the blue doily and the blue flower flourish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. loved the coloured doily! beautiful colouring

    love & hugs teen xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and your airbrushing ... really making me want one now!

    Gorgeous, love your doily!

    :) Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Sammi. Love the sentiment too xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Sammi your coloring is so wonderful. I love the white you added with the gel pen and the soft subtle colors. Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful job, Sammi! I LOVE this! That metal butterfly embellie is gorgeous and your take on the inspiration piece is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sammi: I love the coloring of your image, I only hope some day I can utilize my copics in that fashion. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some love - I love to read your comments and to come and see your blogs too!
xxx