Tuesday 2 November 2010

The Stamp Spots ning group challenges...

Marcia has started a Ning Group for The Stamp Spot .. a little community with a gallery (great for those who don't have blogs but want to share their scrapping, cards with others... Pretty fun! Well ... she is running some monthly challenges there. And I have made a few cards for inspiration on a couple of the challenges. The first is a colour challenge!

Mmm... this one was VERY hard for me... Greens (Olive, Kiwi) and Blue and White ... ahhh, Not my colours at all and I have not done a lot of green colouring at all... but I found some papers and then I coloured my images to match as close to the colour challenge as I could.. Here are my attempts...

I have used Creeper Thursday .. I really LOVE these Creepers from The Greeting Farm. In case you do not know .. Marcia stocks them in her store - for you fellow aussies :D

The second card I used The sweet boy .. or is he Toxic.. not sure.. anyway, he is from the Sweet & Toxic set (also TGF) This time I went for Green hair :D Tried to keep it fairly simple otherwise.. I always struggle with what Sentiments to include on cards for challenges etc but Guy was most helpful and came up with them for me!!

The last card used Miss Anya lounge (my favourite TGF set just now) and wow! More out of the comfort zone colouring! These are so not my colours haha.. but they had to match the paper I picked out from the DT pack /stack Marcia sent me :D LOL ... this card follows the monthly sketch on the ning group. Pop on over there if you want to join in this fun new community!

17 comments:

  1. Hi Sammi...LOVE your 'green' card...well done on getting out of your comfort zone lol!! Green is my fave colour, so I use them a lot. This turned out gorgeous.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are FABULOUS Sammi, LOVE these images!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are all gorgeous Sammi! Love the green hair ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are fantastic Sammi, all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these cards Sammi. You've done a fab job. Hugs, Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, girl! You've been BUSY! These are all just fantastic! Beautiful job and I love his green hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad I found this hop..i love to scope out new coloring tutorials and techniques..loving your bright colors

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors and layouts. Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So nice cards! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. sometimes it's nice to be really challenged...hehe! I love your green coloring, especially that green hair, this is my fav of the three. He looks Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. amazing cards sammi ~ love your colouring!!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Sammi! These are FABULOUS!!! I just love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! 3 awesome cards Sammi you so wouldnt know you were out of your comfort zone, love them all, especially the green hair! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Three wonderfull cards Sammi!
    Greetings nicolet

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some love - I love to read your comments and to come and see your blogs too!
xxx