Saturday 20 November 2010

Oh Alice ... Chapter 40 :: Hooka are you??

"Who are YOU?" said the Caterpillar.
This was not an encouraging opening for a conversation. Alice replied, rather shyly, "I--I hardly know, sir, just at present-- at least I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then."
~Alice's Adventures in Wonderland,Chapter 5

Welcome to the mad world of Wonderland! Once again we are here to inspire you to create great things! The Caterpillar (Absalom) was the wisest creature in Wonderland. At least he thought so, and so did most of the others.

He is a fascinating character because of his wisdom, and his lack of understanding metamorphosis. Kind of a weird oxymoron, don't you think? Our challenge this week is to use either a caterpillar or a butterfly in your project. If you'd like to go one step farther, use a definition or dictionary paper in your design (any subject is fine).


If you are fortunate, you may find yourself wisely winning your choice of three 4x6 reprints from our sponsor, Maigan Lynn Beaudoin Shaw. FanTASTic!! Maigan is such a delightful artist, and the team appreciates the chance to work with one of her images! Here's my inspiration using Maigan Lynn's Mad Fancy image

Remember, you have all week to play this challenge! Link your project to the Oh Alice! Challenge blog and HAVE FUN! You have until Friday Nov. 26th at 11:59 CST to get inky and enter to win! Happy creating!!

10 comments:

  1. WOW Sammi, this looks AMAZING! LOVE how you have colored this and your little caterpillar at the bottom is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done Sammi!! Your little butterfly and the catepillar is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Sammi, Love all the colors and your caterpillar is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This must have taken you ages to colour Sammi, lovely colours too and I really like the addition of the caterpillar. Tracy Evans x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWZA Sammi girl-this is some GORGEOUS coloring and I really love the addition of the caterpillar! BEAUTIFUL work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous card Sammi, lovely stamp there is quite a lot of happening in this stamp you'll see new things popping up the longer you stare at it

    gr'
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sammi! I'm back blogging...hopefully! Hope you are well...loving your Alice challenges! The cards are fab!xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WONDERful job coloring this image!!! Please stop by my blog, you only have one day left to claim your win!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous, love your colouring Sammi
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow Sammi I love this image. She looks wonderful. Great colouring. Fab inspiration.
    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some love - I love to read your comments and to come and see your blogs too!
xxx