Saturday 13 November 2010

Oh Alice ... CHAPTER 39 :: Nothin' but Tea and Time ...


"Alice felt dreadfully puzzled. The Hatter's remark seemed to have no sort of meaning in it, and yet it was certainly English. `I don't quite understand you,' she said, as politely as she could.

`The Dormouse is asleep again,' said the Hatter, and he poured a little hot tea upon its nose.

The Dormouse shook its head impatiently, and said, without opening its eyes, `Of course, of course; just what I was going to remark myself.'

`Have you guessed the riddle yet?' the Hatter said, turning to Alice again.

`No, I give it up,' Alice replied: `what's the answer?'

`I haven't the slightest idea,' said the Hatter.

`Nor I,' said the March Hare.

Alice sighed wearily. `I think you might do something better with the time,' she said, `than waste it in asking riddles that have no answers.'

`If you knew Time as well as I do,' said the Hatter, `you wouldn't talk about wasting IT. It's HIM.'

`I don't know what you mean,' said Alice.

`Of course you don't!' the Hatter said, tossing his head contemptuously. `I dare say you never even spoke to Time!'"

Greetings friends in Wonderland!


Today we have a fun challenge for you based on a lovely inspiration piece that the Mad Hatter herself just might "need" one of these days!

But first, a BIG warm WONDERLAND welcome to Tracy Evans, our November/December Guest! Tracy has wow'd us with her projects for a while and we are thrilled to have her here at our Twisted Table.

This week, we have an inspiration piece, again from one of Jess's favorite designers, Tarina Tarantino (Shown above).

It LOOKS like a watch, but in this case, the face of "Father Time" is the Mad Hatter himself. We can just see him, shouting out from this beautiful piece and startling it's owner "YOU HAVEN'T EVEN MET TIME!". Boy, it sure feels like that some days..time simply moves TOO QUICKLY to catch!

Here is my card.. using the Mad Hatter by Mo Manning ...

Have a bedazzler of a time this week, creating after this piece! Until next week...

Please check out all the wonderful DT creations on the Oh Alice! challenge blog :)



Recipe:
image - Hatter by Mo Manning
cardstock: Xpress It, Creative Memories, DCWV
embellishments: stickers (CM)
coloured with Copics as below -
Skin: E000, E00, E33, E30
Hair: E13, E15
Purples: V09, V12, 15, 17,
Yellows: Y21, 28, 38
Reds: R24, 27, 29, 89
BGs: BG05, 07, 09
+ C1, C3, C5, C7, E33, E35, R81, R83, R85, W3, W5, B000, B0000

11 comments:

  1. Woww this is amazing Sammi! Love the colours!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  2. He He wonderful card Sammi, so love the colour lol! Gorgeous layout below with such a cute image and love your lovely clean crafting area, lovely view out of the window, would so loove to get my hands on all those copics lol! Take CareX:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh sammi ~ just love this ~what a fun image ~ perfect wording ~ stunning!!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This TOTALLY wow's me! LOVE the image-it in itself is perfect for the challenge, and your colors tie it all into the piece so wonderfully! AWESOME job, sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is totally awesome Sammi, i love the fun image and awesome design. Super fun
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Sammi. Wonderfully coloured image. Very cool.
    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very cool card! I love your paper piercing around the edge in a wavy line! A lot of thought has gone into this card - I can tell.
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this image you used.
    Great colors. Your card looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is just Gorgeous Sammi! Love how you have colored him. Such a fun looking card, Fantastic Job Sammi!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Sammi! I hope you are well my friend!

    Hugs, K

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some love - I love to read your comments and to come and see your blogs too!
xxx