Sunday 13 April 2008

"Home again home again jiggedy jig"

We are home again after a LOVELY holiday in Adelaide! It was VERY fun staying with our friends Mike and Ally ... Ally and I were in residential college together in 1998 (another close friend from that time, Bron also was there for the week and our other friend Lainy lives in Adelaide too ... so it was a nice time of reminiscing and catching up on each others lives)!!


the four of us girls at McLaren Vale - we went on a Blessed Cheese (and wine) tour!

Mike and Ally have 4 kids aged 5 and under and so it was quite an experience living with them for a week - It was really lovely and special to spend time with them as a family and see how their family works! ... I even enjoyed feeding babies and did not mind "too" much about changing a few dirty nappies!

I am honoured to be a godparent to one of their baby girls :) very exciting and am looking forward to seeing her and her siblings grow up :) I made a framed prayer for her which I decorated with some stamps and gel pens and Creative memories stickers!!



I hope that one day it will have meaning for her!!

It was nice to be out of Sydney and the busy-ness of this city!!!
It was fun to hang out with friends... It was Lain (and her Mum- Jen's) Birthday on Friday - Here are the cards that I made for them..





We were looking through the Women's Weekly birthday cake book to see what cake to make and were going to make a bunch of flower cupcakes... although at someone's suggestion (oops - it may have been me) we changed it to faces of those in the family/ at the party... Here is a photo of our efforts - I liked the ones Ally decorated best!!



the final presentation!!!



the Sammi cupcake - decorated by Ally!!!

And now we are home again - It will be nice to sleep in our own bed :) but I will miss our friends and the less busy city of Adelaide... we now have 1 more week off - YAY!!! Lot's of time to create and blog (and perhaps clean out some cupboards which I said I would do in holidays)

Right now :: I'm thankful to God for the chance for a holiday ... for friendship ... and for his great love for us in Jesus! :)

4 comments:

  1. glad you had a good time with your friends

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday! Thannk you again for the Arte Y Pico award!! I totally forgot about your challenge...well, I didn't forget to do it, my 5 year old daughter helped pick the colors and papers, anyway, will be on the ball better for next time!! Kelly:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you had a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great time. Amazing how time spent with friends leaves us feeling refreshed.
    Lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some love - I love to read your comments and to come and see your blogs too!
xxx