Wednesday 23 April 2008

Excited by digital downloads

Well - I have been busy ... I have bought some digital downloads and have been sooooo excited. DH has been having a few laughs about my excitement :)

I have always been fairly creative (into Art and lots of crafts), I was a Creative Memories Consultant for a year or two BUT I have not been doing this stamping/ cardmaking blog for long (Jan 12th '08) and am pretty new to the whole craft of stamping (Mar 13th '08 - before that just some random stamps here and there) so I am learning LOTS everyday and enjoying being inspired by many peoples blogs and cards... THANKS everyone!!! I have become somewhat of a challenge junkie :) AND I absolutely adore my sisterhood of the blogging stampers (Group #15)!! check out their blogs with the links on the right.

When wanting to enter some challenges and not having the required stamps I drew my own pictures on the computer and a then a couple more I drew by hand, then photographed and printed them out to colour ... I would really like one day to design my own range ... stamps (or perhaps digital downloads?) so this has been on the back of my mind for a few weeks/ months and then ...

I found Dottie! she is so cute :) Louly has done a FANTASTIC job creating her! she is a very talented and creative lady!!! I have now downloaded Dottie and LOVE her!! I am really enjoying colouring her and making some cards!


I'm ready to colour her

I have also been subscribed to the Pink Petticoat newsletter for some time now and finally (a couple of days ago) downloaded some stamp downloads :: Lola rose and her little sister Lilli
oooh.... I LOVE them too. check out their Designer Liz's blog , she is another very talented lady!


I've started colouring Lilli

These are so inspirational AND did I mention I was excited by them?? ... I will not stop until I have made a card from EVERY one of these downloads I have.... AND meanwhile ... I will keep thinking about my own designs and just maybe one day there will be some :)

QUESTIONS for you ...
1. what do you think about Digital download vs Stamps
2. What sort of stamps would you like that are not available (if any)

2 comments:

  1. Sam I'm thrilled that you're so excited about Dottie, It really means a lot to me. Thank you for yopu kind words, you're a star.
    In answer to your questions about downloads and stamps, I like them both for different reasons. I love downloads because you can resize them and you get a clean crisp image every time. I love stamps because you can print directly onto your projects. At the moment I think I prefer downloads though- no storage or cleaning and you'll have them forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work at the computer most of the day - but I don't do much digital. I love the feel of paper, and of putting rubber to ink. So my preference will always be real stamps. Of course that doesn't mean that I won't dabble in digital occasionally!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some love - I love to read your comments and to come and see your blogs too!
xxx