Thursday 26 January 2012

Australia Day



Good morning :) For my overseas friends Australia Day is THE official national day of Australia and commemorates the arrival of the First Fleet at Sydney Cove in 1788 :) IT is a PUBLIC HOLIDAY ... YAY!! People celebrate in ALL kinds of ways - music festivals, flag raising, citizenship ceremonies, races, BBQs, Beach .. the list goes on!! We are not doing much.. I have such fond memories of childhood celebrations - cooking and eating damper.. a family tradition ... some years great and others a bit damper-ish .... mm maybe I should try some gluten-free damper tomorrow ... mmm maybe haha!

I find myself having to THANK God ... I do LOVE living in this beautiful country - I feel truly blessed to have such a wonderful place to live!!


Well ... I've been practising my sketching AGAIN ... and I'm quite happy with my latest results... I have done some Aussie themed images... specially for Australia Day!! :D and have decided to give all who ask an aussie day pressie... lol... yup... a freebie digi! Just email me with your choice of image from the Beach scene above!! :D

Oh and in honour of Australia Day and those Men and Women over the years that give up living in this great place - so that we can stay safe ... I also have done another "extra fast - speed video" - colouring Digger Marci, a gorgeous "aussie" digger... by Irina Blount from La-La Land Crafts :) You can see it here




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some love - I love to read your comments and to come and see your blogs too!
xxx