My SBS15 sister Kelly has gone over 10,000 hits and is celebrating with blog candy!
She wants to know what your fav. meal to cook is... Here is a recipe I thought I would share:
Chicken and Basil Risotto
cooking time: 30-45mins, serves 4
2 cups Arborio Rice
2 tablespoons peanut oil
1 large onion, diced
1 garlic clove, chopped finely
1 fresh red chilli, chopped finely
handful basil leaves
2 chicken breasts
1cm lemon grass, finely chopped
400ml can coconut cream
1-2 cups chicken stock
##Using electric frypan or a large deep saucepan##
1.Heat oil in pan - put onions, garlic and chilli in pan. (Med-High heat)
2. when onion is starting to brown add the chicken to the pan & seal chicken.
3. tip in the rice - stir, wait until the rice starts to become see through (it will still be opaque in the middle - this means it is sufficiently coated with oil)
4. Add a ladleful of chicken stock and coconut cream, the lemon grass and the basil leaves. Simmer for 1min then turn pan down to a moderate heat
5. Add alternate ladles of the chicken stock and coconut cream until all used up and
absorbed <<>> as the rice is cooking the grains soften and merge.
6. When Risotto looks creamy, grate in some fresh parmesan cheese or a small amount of butter. Leave to rest for 5mins
7. Serve up risotto (you can garnish it with some basil leaves if you wish)