Thursday 14 October 2010

Watercolouring with Copics + Distressing

Good morning, Yesterday I got some watercolour paper so that I could try this technique I have been meaning to try for AGES!! Using Copics to achieve a watercolour effect! Here are a couple of my attempts below... these are like Take 4/ Take 5... the others went straight to the bin... I still need to practise this but I think I like it!!

I also thought I would distress away the first card after seeing Kristy's Toot on Club Anya and Friends yesterday! Besides..the waterolour effect reminds me of Kristy so perfect to combine them right?? lol

I've experimented a couple of ways.. only common bit is that I have an aquapainter brush that is filled with NOT WATER but colourless blender... and then I use the copic either sparingly* directly onto the paper and use brush over top OR onto an acrylic block then pick it up with the brush and paint it onto the piccy!


What I love about Copics is their vibrancy although at times I love softer pics.. so this is the perfect solution! Thanks for popping by! I am hoping to catch up on my blog commenting today!!

The image I've used is Miss Anya Lounge from The Greeting Farm!!



* NB. If you colour directly onto watercolour paper it will really suck the ink out of your copics!!

8 comments:

  1. I love this Sammi. I think you have done a great job with the watercolouring. Hugs, Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! These are cute!!! and very very Kristy. :D I love the doodling around the edges... that's a great touch! Great stamps too!! :D Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look FANTASTIC Sammi! I love the soft subtle colors you have achieved doing this! I might need to get myself some blender solution to give this a go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful Sammi! I think you have done a fantastic job. Great distressing too, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards Sammi!!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Sammi! Love the colours you have used. Will have a go at this myself.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, thanks for sharing how to! I wouldnt have been brave enough just to try, not that I probably would have thought of it! lol xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some love - I love to read your comments and to come and see your blogs too!
xxx