Wednesday 18 June 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I made this card for a very lovely person (She is our Minister's wife/ My Boss's wife) and today she turns 40 ... We will help her celebrate on the weekend!
Guy was going to put this card in their letterbox on his way to work today - Isn't he great!!!


I have not been that well the past 2 days... have not been to work since Monday - which was a very long day... I guess I overdid it ... I am still recovering and trying to get some energy!! Have SLEPT a lot these last 2 days. I'm just so tired and sore - I want to make cards but I don't even have the energy for that!

Monday night was our church Delightful Night for Women and we did cardmaking with Japanese papers and orgami (we also had a talk on "Jesus - Worth waiting for" ... I had helped last Monday in cutting up paper and cardboard for the cards and then we just had soo many people coming that we decided we needed MORE!! so Monday afternoon I cut up more cards/ paper (+Toni had already cut up more before that) ... We had about 60 people there to make cards and I was one of the demonstrators (my table was making simple cards using "Far East Papers" and adhesive ribbons or Raffia ribbons), so I had 5 tables full of women in a row and had to speak over the noise of the other chattering women in the room to explain what to do.
It was a good night!
They did make some good cards and enjoyed it

... Unfortunately I did not get photos of the cards as I was too busy...

3 comments:

  1. I love your card!! Sounds like you sure needed your rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sammi you have been busy...no wonder you have been poorly. Hopefully you'll feel better soon. The card is lovely and I love the textures and image you have used. May have to do something like this for my Dads 60th...look after yourself and get some rest!! Hugs Emma.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sammi, thank you for your last message reg Joanna Sheen & hopefully it won't be too long before I get a chance to use it then you can see some of the beautiful images on it. Oh isn't little Tilda so sweet holding her posy of flowers. I just want to hug her.

    Lorraine xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some love - I love to read your comments and to come and see your blogs too!
xxx