Saturday 1 December 2018

Advent 2018 - Jesus is the Reason for the Season

Good evening. It's the 1st of December today and thus the start of Advent.
Here's a little definition from Dictionary.com

Advent
noun.

1. the arrival of a notable person or thing.
    "the advent of television"
    synonyms: arrival, appearance, ermergence, materialization, surfacing, occurence, dawn, origin,
    birth, rise, development.
2. the first season of the Church year, leading up to Christmas and including the four preceding  
    Sundays.
    Christian theology 
    the coming or second coming of Christ.


As a Christian, Advent is when we look forward to Christmas and  celebrating the birth of Jesus, the King, "God with us" who would "save the people from their sins" :) He has arrived and done this and will return again one day! 

Each day during the lead up to Christmas I'm going to share a picture and a Bible passage. I'll put the line art images here on my blog in case you or some children in your life would like to colour them in. Below is today's image ... I'll post a new one every day :) 


The Bible passage can be read HERE

I've also set myself the task of December Daily this year.. I've made a little handmade journal that I will record (with photos and journaling) the months happenings :) Do you do anything for Advent or December Daily???


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some love - I love to read your comments and to come and see your blogs too!
xxx